Healthy Meals Recipes
Posted on 01 July 2016
We have gathered few recipes that can provide you the taste you always aim for with a healthy touch
- 6 tbsp soy sauce (I used Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 + 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 lbs or 12 chicken drumsticks, skinless (thighs would work too)
- 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large slow cooker, whisk to combine soy sauce, honey, water, cornstarch, garlic and ginger
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on low - medium heat and add chicken. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes per side, turning once. I first dipped the drumsticks in the previously prepared mixture in a slow cooker, therefore it caramelized and charred a bit. It's optional though. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker, cover and shake it around to coat the chicken in mixture. Cook on Low for 6 - 8 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- When chicken is ready, turn off the slow cooker, open the lid and wait for 10 minutes to let the sauce thicken as steam evaporates. Using tongs or spatula, gently move the drumsticks around to coat in the sauce. Because you might be cooking for different lengths of time therefore accumulated liquid in the slow cooker will differ. I cooked on High for 3 hours and added 3.5 tbsp cornstarch in the beginning, and another tbsp afterwards. You can always adjust the thickness of the Teriyaki sauce by adding a bit more cornstarch and cooking it on High covered for 10 minutes or so. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit water. Serve chicken hot with brown rice, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions.
For Pork Carnitas
2½ lbs pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Corn tortillas
- Avocado slices
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Red onion, diced
- Lime slices
- Cut pork should into large 3-4 inch chunks, removing any excess fat.
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Combine all other ingredients in slow cooker.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until very tender.
- When tender, pull apart with a fork.
- Serve on warm corn tortillas and top with onions, cilantro, avocado slices and lime juice!
- 2 pounds stewing beef
- 2 cups of beef stock (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3-5 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (more to taste after cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (more to taste after cooking)
- 1 teaspoon each dried rosemary, basil, and oregano
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Place meat into slow cooker. I spray my slow cooker with non-stick coconut spray.
- Add broth then all other ingredients except fresh parsley on top of the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for eight hours.
- Add chopped fresh parsley and serve. Remove bay leaves before eating.
Read more at http://www.thecasualcraftlete.com/2015/09/29/clean-eating-slow-cooker-beef-stew/#peCQi5KErqvFJFbc.99
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cups honey
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence (or Italian Seasoning)
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- A handful of fresh Italian flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper and place in slow cooker. In a small bowl, add garlic, herbs de Provence, and cinnamon to the honey. Stir and pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle on the pecans, and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from crock pot, cover w/ aluminum foil, and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Once chicken has rested, shred chicken and add back to the sauce or serve breasts whole w/ the sauce drizzled on top w/ a handful of fresh parsley.
- Serve w/ veggie &/or starch of choice
Thank you & Enjoy
For More details refer to the source below